IMMUNIZE — Don’t Wait. Vaccinate.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Seventh through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 2 doses Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade.
- If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
* Usually given as DTaP or DTP or DT or Td
** Usually given as MMR
Exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are:
- medical reasons;
- religious beliefs; and
- philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak