Overview and Curriculum
In conjunction with BLaST Intermediate Unit 17, Jersey Shore Online Learning (JSOL), is an online learning option that provides online learning courses for our district students in grades K-12. The curriculum is provided and delivered through our Intermediate Unit. Therefore, it is a separate curriculum than what is taught in our JSASD classrooms. JSOL curriculum is highly engaging, research-based, and provides quality educational services to allow your learner to develop along their personalized learning pathway. Course teachers are provided through the Intermediate Unit and programs. They are highly qualified educators in their field.
For more information on Jersey Shore Area School District’s Online Learning Program, please contact:
Application Process (ENROLLMENT)
- Students who are interested in enrolling in the JSOL program can begin by filling out the Enrollment Interest Form on the JSOL website, meeting with their assigned guidance counselor, or contacting Mrs. Barth, the JSOL Facilitator.
- Parents or Guardians must be present at enrollment/orientation meetings to enroll their child in the JSOL program.
- At the orientation, courses will be selected as well as the review of the handbook and JSOL policies.
- If a student has an IEP, a meeting will need to be scheduled to indicate the change of enrollment and ensure needs can be met through the JSOL program.
- Students will be required to complete all coursework in the given marking period(s)/semester(s) they are enrolled in the JSOL program.
- To ensure the adequate transfer of course credits and completion, it is strongly advised that students only enroll at the beginning of the JSASD marking periods. If a student knows they are interested in JSOL enrollment, they should schedule an enrollment meeting at least one week before the start of a new marking period. If a student chooses to enroll during a marking period, they may be required to complete all assignments for that entire marking period. Students should be prepared to enroll for at least one marking period upon enrollment in JSOL.
Please note the following scheduled dates for JSASD marking periods for 2021-2022. (*Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather cancellations)
8/25/22 – 10/27/22
10/28/22 – 1/13/23
1/14/23 – 3/21/23
3/22/23 – 5/25/23