The administration of medication to a student during school hours is permitted with signed parent permission and a written order from a physician.
- ALL medications , including over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Advil, Tums, cough drops, etc. must have parent permission and a doctor’s written order.
- All medication must be in the original bottle with the name of the medicine, time to be given, dosage, and physician’s name included.
- All medication must be stored in the nurse’s office with the exception of inhalers and Epipen that have a written order from the doctor stating the student may carry with him/her.
- Morning medications should be given at home prior to school unless special arrangements have been made with the school nurse.
- Medications ordered 2 or 3 times a day should be given at home unless specific times during school hours are ordered by the doctor.
- Midday, lunchtime, and 4 times a day medications can be given by the nurse.
FIELD TRIPS: All medication needing to be taken on a field trip needs a parent to give the medication to the chaperone for supervised self administration. The nurse can not allocate a non licensed person to give the medication.