STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION –
PLEASE CALL FOR APPOINTMENT
A central student enrollment/registration office has been established by the Jersey Shore Area School District to make enrolling in the Jersey Shore Area School District convenient for parents. Parents wishing to enroll or re-enroll a student in the Jersey Shore Area School District should report to the following location:
Jersey Shore Area School District Administration Building
Central Registration Office
Tori Meixel, Central Registration Secretary
175 A&P Drive
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
STUDENT WITHDRAW INFORMATION
If a parent wishes to withdraw a student from the Jersey Shore Area School District prior to the start of school year, the parent should report to the central registration office. Once the school year begins for students, the parent should report to the school where the child is enrolled and begin the withdrawal process at that school.
Parents should register their child for kindergarten at the Jersey Shore Area School District Administration Building 175 A&P Drive, Jersey Shore.
Mrs. Tori Meixel, 570-398-5253, Central Registration Secretary, is available between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to answer questions about registration.
- To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1.
- To be eligible for first grade, a newly entering child must be six years old on or before September 1.
- To be eligible for the PA Pre-K Counts Preschool program, a child must be four years old on or before September 1. Parents who are interested in the Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program for four year olds may complete the enrollment form during kindergarten and first grade registration. Funding for the Pre-K Counts preschool program for four year olds is contingent upon passage of the grant allocation in the Governor’s budget.
When registering a child for kindergarten, parents are to bring the following items: (1) birth certificate; (2) dates of immunization and any pertinent information concerning the child’s health; (3) proof of residency (electric/utility bill); (4) custody documentation (if applicable); (5) foster care documentation (if applicable). The child does not need to be present during registration.
The Department of Health, with support from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, requires the following immunizations for students entering our schools:
- three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine (1st vaccine must be given after 1st birthday)
- four doses of Tetanus and Diphtheria (TD) vaccine (5th dose if fourth dose is before fourth birthday)
- required doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox) disease or vaccine
- three doses of Polio Vaccine
Enrollment forms can be downloaded and completed prior to kindergarten registration. They can be found on the district website under OUR DISTRICT > REGISTRATION/ENROLLMENT > REGISTRATION FORMS.
The following items are to be brought to registration for students enrolling in any grade level:
1. Birth certificate
2. Last report card from your child’s previous school
3. Immunization record (required by Pennsylvania law)
4. Copy of your child’s IEP (if applicable)
5. Custody documentation (if applicable)
6. Proof of residency (preferably a copy of a utility bill)